Monday, April 23, 2012

Thursdays the new Friday

Hello everyone! I am stil getting used to this confusing blog website and have been having diciculty editing etc. so excuse the poorly edited posts.

Today i feel a mix of emotions, i am feeling very excited that people are viewing and taking my website seriously,
i also feel anxious and worried mainly because i have just been thinking a lot about how to make my youtube and blog sites positive online help and advice. Unlike the many websites we are all used to,i hope to make mine a place you will feel safe to express problems and things you struggle with so i can do my best to help you not have to face problems on your own.

I want to talk about self esteem in todays post. I have a lot to say about self esteem so i will also try to make a video about ways to improve your self esteem and ways to prevent damaging your peers self esteem.

Believe it or not, many peoples self esteems are greatly impacted by the hurtful things we as teenagers say to one another. Life i said in lasts nights post, if you can try to go at least one day without bashing a single person you will honestly feel better about yourself as a person. I feel when i stand up for others i feel empowerd and a sence of accomplishment, although things are often said behind ones back, they usually end up finding out who said what. One of my biggest problems is my self esteem, i really try to work on it but i have honestly had a poor self esteem for most of my life. And from expierence i can say that things my mom, sister, and kids at school have said trying to bring me down, do actually bring me down. I am a very sensitive person so words hurt me the worst, especially the words "your fat". I encourage you all to ignore the look of someones body and understand that losing weight is one of the hardest things, especially for someone with a binge eating disorder. I don't understand it but when i am sad about being fat and ugly i binge eat and don't through it up. Ofcoarse i have gotten quite a bit bigger since i got the eating disorder.

So to sum all i said up, words hurt, think of those who killed themselves only because of what others said to them. Please if you get anything from reading this long boaring post please try and be the kid that stands up for the kid being picked on or the one being gossiped about. No one deserves the highschoolers that literally pick apart every flaw someone has.  If you struggle with not looking at the postive before the negative, instead of blabbering your negative thoughts about someone to you "best friend" keep them inside and say the first positive thing that comes to mind. Every single person has good qualities, it's up to us as teens to find peoples best qualities and promote them. Not only will their self esteem rise but by just being a good person i hope yours will too.

Things to try to boost self esteem:




So i have heard being a teenager may be one of the worst times of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment